Tips to keep your face clean throughout the day!
- Try not to rest face on hands while at work/home because will transfer extra dirt/oil to your face
- Try to wipe clean your cell/office phone every day with an antibacterial wet wipe to keep germs off your face (they come in small convenient individual bags)
- Wash your hands after every meal to remove any oils/leftover food so when you touch your face later it does not transfer
- Definitely wash your face and hands after working out to get the sweat/germs/dirt off of both
- Keep a small pack of face cleansing wipes at the office or in the car to use throughout the day
– Dr. Angela Vecellio
Below are a few tips for at home facials, face masks and scrubs:
- Use steam from shower to open up pores (or) run hot water from sink & put face over steam with towel over head
- Plenty of things to use for scrub; sugar, salt, ground nuts, oatmeal, coffee grounds etc.
- Can mix scrub base with with cleanser, lemon juice, coconut oil, jojoba oil, cucumber juice, green tea
- Can use yogurt, banana or avocado for soothing mask
- Can mix mask with antioxidants like pureed berries and/or fruit
- Use cucumber slices for eyes
- Leave mask on for 10-20 minutes
- Use caution; if anything burns/hurts then remove immediately
Let me know if you have follow up questions!
-Dr. Angela Vecellio